Learning About Emergency Electrical Services Learning About Emergency Electrical Services

About Me

Learning About Emergency Electrical Services

Hello, my name is Silas Perdue. Welcome to my website about emergency electrician services. My old home frequently has power outages due to the improper operation of my lighting system. I had an electrician come by to take a look and was notified that a full overhaul was in order. Unfortunately, I waited too long to have that work done and was faced in an emergency electrical problem. On this site, I want to help everyone understand how to spot emergency electrical issues. I will share information you need to know about this topic on a daily basis. Please feel free to come by anytime if you want to learn more.



Latest Posts

How To Swag A Chandelier
16 May 2018

If you want to hang a chandelier, but the electric

4 Things An Electrician Can Do At Your Home
23 March 2018

The key to having less stress in your life may res

Ways To Avoid Finding Out Your Generator Isn't Working During The Next Power Outage
12 February 2018

Experiencing an ill-timed power outage at home can

Update Your Electrics To Include GFCI Outlets
7 December 2017

When you are updating the electrics in your house

A Close Look At The Differences Between A Commercial, Residential, And Industrial Electrician
2 December 2017

As a business owner, finding a good electrician is

Five Electrical Safety Mistakes You Need To Avoid Around The Home If You've Got Kids

While your home's electrical system clearly makes life more convenient, it can also create some safety hazards if you're not careful. This is especially concerning if you've got young children around the home who might not be fully aware of the dangers.

Fortunately, you can protect your children from electrical hazards around your home by avoiding the following five safety mistakes:

Neglecting to put outlet covers over outlets with infant children around

One of the simplest and most important things you need to do to maximize electrical safety around your home is to place plastic covers in outlets.

These covers will prevent curious young children from attempting to stick objects into outlets or attempting to stick their fingers in outlet openings.

Putting electrical appliances too close to water

These days, there are so many electrical devices that are around young kids all the time. Think about all the remote controls, cell phones, radios, and other small electrical devices in your home.

One of the biggest electrical hazards is electrocution through contact with water. You need to take care to put a large distance between electronics and water in your bathrooms and kitchen. 

If you don't keep careful track of electronics, children may carry them around and try to take them into dangerous situations like in the bathtub. Be vigilant about keeping electronics out of children's reach when they're around water. 

Leaving worn or frayed cords or devices exposed

Worn or frayed cords can create fire hazards and electrocution dangers. Make sure that you cover up electrical wires so that kids can't reach them.

Children are typically curious and inclined to pull on wiring or cords sticking out of your walls. Don't leave frayed or damaged cords within reach of kids to keep your home safe. 

Getting in the habit of pulling plugs out of outlets by the cord

Kids are going to watch you as their parent and pick up your habits. You should never pull a plug out by the cord because this can damage the cord and expose electrical components. Always pull plugs out of outlets by the plug to avoid fire and electrocution hazards. 

Failing to educate your children about electrical safety when they're old enough

When your children are old enough, you need to explain to them what electrical hazards there are in the home and how they can protect themselves from them.

As they get older, kids are going to figure out how to remove outlet covers and how to plug in electronics themselves. You, therefore, need to instruct them carefully to never stick anything other than a plug into outlet holes and to avoid touching exposed components of your home's electrical system.

Contact local electricians for more information and assistance.